Sunday, May 23, 2010

sheesh.



What do you do when you get so much unsolicited advice and opinions? I went to my grams house this morning for some coffee and chit chat with my aunt and uncle before they left back to orange county, and was bombarded by tattoo comments. let me mind you that i have ONE, SINGLE tattoo, it's not even a big deal at all. and even if I had more, it wouldn't be a big deal because who cares? my grandma never really said anything to me before, just" oh thats kind of big i thought it would be smaller" " its really pretty for a tattoo" and similar comments. today it was an hour of... "well in prison"...(i dont think she's ever been)
"sailors like".....(never been in the military) "tattoos are such a fad" (thanks) "well if you even plan on being a professional"
( i am, a professional mom) and i got so annoyed, I wanted to yell at her and tell her to stop. All I could muster up to say was
" I would never say things like this to you about anything you do". and I left, to starbucks....for some real coffee. blah. I feel bad for being so peeved, but I can't help it. I guess this is what I get right? I have an opinions about everything. Facebook is an open battlefield for my opinions, and I leave them on a lot of status updates. People I don't even know personally! Who DOES that? Oh I know I know...ME. I am sorry for giving you unwanted advice on childcare, birth, politics and so on. Sorry for being such a creep.

No comments: