Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bo update

So most of you know through my Facebook and Instagram updates that Bo was admitted to Valley Children's Hospital yesterday for RSV. When we got here yesterday he had a high fever which he had for a couple days that would not fully break. His breathing was hard and labored and he was wheezing. He was also very congested and lethargic. They started him on a very high dose of albuterol that was administered through a tube connected to a dome that fit over his head.....kind of looked like a astronauts helmet lol then we moved to his regular room where he was placed into a tent and the medication came through that. He had a chest X-ray that showed beginning stages of pneumonia so he is currently on antibiotics for that. Tonight, he will have his first real feeding I'm 24 hours and I get to hold him and nurse him for the first time in 24 hours as well which has been very hard. There is nothing worse that I have experienced that seeing your kids suffer and not being able to comfort them. This has been so emotionally draining. I keep on going into the restroom in our room to cry so that way I won't distract the nurses. I'm a ugly cryer :) I am so thankful Joe is able to be here and support me and Bo. He is such a sweet man and I am so thankful I married him. Also the messages of encouragement, scriptures and prayer today have been overwhelming in a good way. We have such thoughtful friends & a wonderful church family. God is here watching over my little Bo & He loves him so much. I've been really clinging to philippians 4:6-7 Lamentations 2:19 & especially John 14:27--Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Thank you Aida for sending that to me :)
We have about a week here but I am hoping for sooner. Bo recovered quickly when he was born prematurely and I know he can do it again. I will keep everyone updated on his progress, thanks again for the kind words.
Xoxo
Nichole

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Valley Childrens Pl,Madera,United States

No comments: