Saturday, July 10, 2010

single digits please.

I've been reading 2 or 3 other blogs of moms who just had babies like a few months ago that are posting about their weight and getting back into shape. Well, I'm a little...well a lot past the just had a baby stage. But I want/need to lose 30lbs. The baby weight from two pregnancies back to back has pitched a tent on my gut and decided to stay for 18 months. I've lost 20 so far, 30 more to go. I wear double digits....a 14 to be exact (yikes) and they are finally starting to get loose. My goal is to be an 8. My BMI is also at a 28 and I want it to be at 25. They say 5 lbs makes your jeans loose, 10 lbs makes you go down a size, so 30 lbs should do it.
I have cut dairy out of my diet, and I am going to go vegan until this weight is off, and hopefully I will stay vegan after it is gone. I rarely eat meat as it is, but now I am definitely done. My typical day is soy yogurt & granola or cereal and almond milk for breakfast, artichoke or a salad for lunch. Dinner is the most fun, you can make basically any meal vegan other than a steak. We eat enchiladas, or pad thai....yummy stuff so the family doesn't mind the diet change at all. I have never restricted my children from eating meat or dairy when they are out places with people or at our family's houses, but at home we have pretty much stuck to a vegetarian diet since I was pregnant with Rowan. I know a lot of people think that a vegetarian or (vegan) diet is boring, but it's not at all. There are so many great delicious recipes and I find that we eat more protein now then we did when we were eating meat. Eating out can be challenging, and that was always my downfall. Also, eating out isn't the best thing to do when you are trying to lose weight plus I can save all of that money and buy a purse :) I am going to stick to mostly fruit and veggies and I am just staying clear of anything fried or carb bound. This week we are headed off to the mountains again, I am bringing my bike along with mason's and the bike trailer for the babies and we are going to ride along the paved bike trail around yosemite. I saw ton's of other moms doing it this last week, and they all had fabulous figures, and I thought hey I can do that too. I also stocked up on veggies & fruit, so we are going to grill artichokes, corn and kabobs. I'll do quinoa or risotto (skinny version) as a side. The kids love un cooked veggies & fruit, and I'll do lots of pb&j for them or banana & peanut butter sandwiches, their favs. It's so nice staying in an RV up there, with a full service kitchen....we even baked the last time. I got some great recipes from www.cuisinenie.blogspot.com and the kids and I are going to try them out this week.
I bought the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. I will be starting that when we get back, but since I will be doing a ton of walking and bike riding this week, I figure
that is good enough to start out with. I went swimming today at my mother in laws, so I thought I would take a before photo with photo booth on my macbook of me in my swimsuit (vomit) and be brave and show what I am starting with on my adventure to lose weight. My youngest will be 18 months old, and I still look 4 months pregnant. I can't believe I let myself get so out of control, but the great thing about weight it's not permanent.


So there it is, in all of it's post baby grossness. I'll post when I get back and weigh myself and see if there were any changes, wish me luck :)

2 comments:

Christie Pardo said...

Girl!! You look awesome! I am totally in your shoes.. just minus the kiddos. I want to lose like 15 lbs. Right now I wear a size 12.... I know what i gotta do... hella strict diet and work out X5 days a week... i ran a 1 1/2 miles to day. it went better than what i thought lol.

Unknown said...

I think you look hot :0) seriously!