Monday, December 20, 2010

16 weeks.

I am officially 16 weeks! aka 4 months. only 24 weeks to go, or really 22 because cesareans are planned 2 weeks early. I am feeling much better now than I was in the first trimester. I get mild bouts of nausea and not even on a regular basis. My tummy is sticking way out now, and the only real complaints are headaches if I skip out on coffee in the morning, and my chest hurts a lot, aka my girls. I was so worried that I gained a ton of weight this month. MIQ had their See's candy sale, and I ordered like 4 boxes of stuff and snacked on that this whole last week. But when I got on the scale this morning at the midwife appointment, it said I had gained .6 of a pound from last month, I can handle that! My first 3 months I gained 6lbs and freaked out, because I'm not this skinny girl who needs to go eat a sandwich or two. But the only thing that I could keep down was starchy foods. I also felt the baby kick for the first time 2 nights ago. It actually woke me up, and I didn't know what woke me up at first until he/she did it again. It was a great feeling and a good excuse to be woken up, good confirmation that the baby is well. We made an appointment this last Friday to find out the gender of the baby, but at the last minute we decided that we wanted this baby to be a surprise. I've always wanted to do that but could never do it. This is also the last baby *tear* so it will make it super special. I am also having a tubal ligation done so immediately following my cesarean that procedure will take place and I think that the excitement from seeing our new baby for the first and finding out the surprise of the gender will keep my mind off of the fact that I am being "fixed". *double tears* It's sad to think about. Having a baby is a rite of passage for a woman, and my children are amazing but it is time to move onto the next stage in our lives. Even though, I could totally have 6 kids and be fine with it, maybe even 7 if we have a big house out in the country.........:::sigh:: well there can be that house one day, and there can always be adoption, or I can just be satisfied with the fact that I have been blessed with 4 children. I am also on the fence with names again. I so wanted to have a daughter to name after my great grandma June, and I know Joe wants to use the name Finley. But frankly, I'm kind of not ok with naming a baby after a baseball player, especially one who's first name is Chuck, and second of all isn't even Joe's favorite pitcher. So we are back to square one for baby names. great.
Here is a photo taken via photo booth and let me tell you: it is deceiving! I clicked one time and bam! it took a skinny photo of me pregnant! And lets just be honest, I am much bigger than that.  I should retake it, but yea right.

1 comment:

Yana said...

hi Nicole! (did i spell your name right?)
you found my blog somehow and commented on a post....inquiring about my hair color.
A, not natural. But I wear it well so everyone thinks it's natural (score!) and B, I have not a clue about the color. My hair dresser and I try something new everytime and usually it's CRAAAZY red the first few days then it calms down to a perfect hue.

So, there you have it. Congratulations on number 4!
I have just one boy, almost a year. And I am just starting to get baby fever again (don't tell my husband ;)

If you are so sad about getting 'fixed' maybe you should wait on it? That seems like such a serious decision I would be nervous! I am sure you and your husband have decided that 4 is enough or you wouldn't be doing it. ANyways, I am sure you're making the right choice!

I'll be back to read mroe of your blog!

www.myheartgoboom.blogspot.com