Monday, February 6, 2012

be cheerful.


I'm tired, my house is messy, I have a teething very clingy 8 month old, my older children have already misbehaved and our dogs shredded hoses in the back yard. I felt very overwhelmed at 5 am this morning, when Betsey woke up and stayed awake. But, I decided to make the most of it, opened up my Bible did my devotion which was realllllly good on Philippians 2, started a load of laundry, made breakfast, caught up on reading some blogs and one of them stated this verse:


When a man is gloomy, everything seems to go wrong;
when he is cheerful, everything seems right!
~ Proverbs 15:15


How true is it that our attitude can change the entire mood for our household? Sometimes as a stay at home mom, we can feel very undervalued or under appreciated and that we don't make that much of an impact on our family. This is so untrue! Our roles as mothers and wives is a high calling, we are raising children, we are running a household 24/7, we are teachers, we are nurses. Do not undervalue the importance of being home with your children. God calls us to be makers of the home, "...encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home..." Titus 2:4&5. 
Any negativity you have with your attitude affects your entire household. No one enjoys to be around a grumpy person. My children & husband feed off of any negativity I have when I am in a bad mood. After reading that verse it really put some perspective on my feelings of being overwhelmed this morning. Yes, I have a lot to do today but that is ok and there is nothing wrong with that. My advice is when you are in a situation like I am today, put a smile on your face and let the small things be small things. Realize that sleepless nights are just a season in your life that will soon pass, find joy in cleaning your home, even if it is just to get messy again because we clean our homes for others to enjoy too. Remember to be encouraging of right behavior when you discipline your children & have a smile on your face when your husband comes home from work.....it will make a difference. 

1 comment:

Jon and Jolie said...

Have a great day, friend!