Thursday, July 29, 2010

sick day.



We called in sick today.
Since I am a stay at home mom, that means: no housework, no laundry, just cartoons, pajamas all day, tylenol & extra cuddles.
London woke up with a tummy ache, she started to feel better around 11
Made some PB & J sammiches. delish.
Laid the kiddos down for a nap, Rowan refused.
I picked him up to rock him to sleep, burning with fever.
Went to the kitchen to get some Tylenol, couldn't find a medicine dropper. I can never find them when I need them, does that ever happen to you?
Attempted to get some emails sent out while the kids were napping, but that failed because Rowan was too restless.
But I am grateful, that he is now feeling a bit better after the tylenol, London is sleeping off her ickyness and I am truly grateful that not all three of them were sick with tummy aches.

I get some funny comments from people when I tell them I'm 24 with 3 kids, you know like the " are you crazy?" or "wow you must have your hands full" or my FAVORITE is "haven't you heard of birth control"
I don't think having 3 kids is that hard. I'm proud of the fact that I have chosen to have a family while being in my early twenties. I was made to be a mom, this is my job and I love it. And yes I have my hands full, and yes I am busy, but it is the good kind of busy. I told my grandma about 6 months ago, the hardest time ever is when all three have the stomach flu. And I stand by that comment.

And yes, my 18 month old son gets a warm milk bottle when he isn't feeling well...or whenever else I choose to give one to him, don't judge me.

No comments: