Tuesday, November 16, 2010

a grateful heart.

I grew up always feeling like the unlucky girl.
I had "absent" parents. I felt awkward, ugly and ashamed to come from a non traditional family.
I always felt that I didn't really know who I was.
I still sometimes ask myself that question, but in a more secure fashion.
Today, I still feel awkward, but I have embraced it. I no longer feel ugly. And I love and am so unbelievably grateful that my grandmother raised me and I feel no shame in telling people where I came  from.
Today, I am grateful that I made the mistakes I did, that I got pregnant at 18, that I had Mason,  he taught me to be selfless, to love with no boundaries. I grew up,  I learned from my mistakes, and I am proud to be his mother.
Today, I am lucky to have found Joe. That he loves me besides my many flaws, and that he not only fell in love with me, that he fell in love with my Mason and is a great step-father to him.
Today, I am in love with my daughter, and I cannot believe how wonderful she is and how smart she is. She is so kind hearted, it amazes me, she does not get that from her mother. She is truly a little princess.
Today, I have a red-headed son who was the biggest surprise, and has changed my heart in so many ways. He has taught me the value of time, and that no housework, or any activity has any importance over just sitting down with him and loving him and giving him the time he needs.
Today, I feel like the luckiest girl alive. That I have such a wonderful family, that I have such a gracious God who has blessed my life and given me more than I could ever imagine or deserve.

My heart is full, my heart is grateful.
This is my thanksgiving.

No comments: