Sunday, January 16, 2011

Moms need to say sorry too.

Our little family has been batteling an epidemic of conjunctavitis aka "pink eye" aka "stink eye" for the past 2 weeks. First London came down with it, swollen eyes, red with all the gross eye boogers, then shortley followed Mason who missed a week of school due to it and then Rowan. I was in the clear and so was my husband. They passed it back and forth for the 2 weeks, one would be fine for 2 days then it would hit again. I was washing everything and still couldn't rid our home of this nastiness. We couldn't go anywhere, we litterally almost ran out of groceries at one point. The kids HATED the eye drops, I mean full on battle when it came time for the meds. They would run scream cry and hide under Rowan's crib. So I tried out the drops and they didn't even burn! so then I was super irriated that they were going through this dramatic meltdown each time because it didn't even hurt! I disshed out some discipline due to it. Then bam! Friday I wake up in the middle of the night with burning watery eyes go into the bathroom and look in the mirror and I looked like I was intoxicated. It was disgusting! Thank God we had the medicated drops already in the house, but I was worried to even drive anywhere in case I got pulled over because I was so sure that the police officer would think I was high or drunk, it was awful. So I went to put in the drop and OH MY FREAKIN GOSH it burned soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. See, the drops don't burn when you don't have it, but when you do it's bad. I had to go to my children and apologize for being so mean and non compassionate about how it was hurting them, because truthfully, I wanted to scream and hit someone too when I put them in my eyes.

I feel like I have to do that a lot, apologize that is. Sometimes I lose my cool and let myself get to the point of being miserable and spent and I yell at my kids, or ignore them wanting to play with me so I can get some facebook time in or reading blogs, I discipline the wrong child, I get mad when medicine is buring their eyes, and so on. I am only human, and I make mistakes every single day, but there is always a time for apologizing and explaining how what I did was wrong and asking my children to forgive me. Just because you are the parent doesn't mean that what you do is always right.

*note to self* do not match your lipstick to your sick eyes

No comments: